Town Court

The Town Justice Court is administered by two Justices, who rule on a wide variety of matters both civil and criminal, including traffic violations and small claims.

Contact Information

Eason Hall
23 Elm Street
Westfield, NY 14787

Julie Devlin, Court Clerk [E-mail]
Ph: (716) 326-6255
Fax: (716) 280-6489

Court Clerk’s Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

James Spann Jr., Town Justice

Jerry LaPorte, Town Justice


Traffic Court

Traffic court is held on the first Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. (2019 Town Court Dates) Options for handling a traffic ticket (does not apply to misdemeanors, those must be handled in person):

  • Section A: Plea of Guilty, fill in & return to court. A fine and mandatory state surcharge will be assessed and a fine notice will be mailed to the address provided with thirty days to pay.
  • Section B: Plea of Not Guilty, fill in & return to court. A pretrial conference with be scheduled with the Assistant District Attorney of Chautauqua County.

Criminal Court

Criminal court is held the fourth Monday of every month beginning at 6:30 p.m. (2019 Town Court Dates).

Civil Cases

Civil cases are scheduled as they are filed.

Small Claims

For more information regarding small claims cases, please refer to the New York State Unified Court System Guide to Small Claims in the NYS City, Town and Village Courts

Form to file a small claims case in the Town of Westfield


For more information regarding evictions, please refer to the New York State Unified Court System Evictions page.