WESTFIELD REC. DEPT. SUMMER PROGRAMS' SIGNUPS
Tuesday, June 7th and Thursday, June 9th are the dates for summer programs sign-ups for the Village of Westfield Recreation Dept. Sign-ups will be held at Welch Field (inside the field house) from 6 – 8 p.m. for the programs below. Though many people have already signed up (those who participated last year, received a mailing already), this is also the time to ask any questions you might have, and pick up pool schedules, field program calendars and field trip permission slip packets.
Summer sign-ups include:
• Swim lessons starting with wee woozles (water acclimation program) through level 6 swim lessons. Deadline for swimming lessons sign-ups is July 1st.
• Swim Team
• Welch Field Summer Field Program of games, sports, arts & crafts, trips, special events (Carnival, Battle of Welch Field, Bonfire), etc.
• Drama Program
• Lap Swim and Aquacize
• Other community programs such as the Patterson Library & Goldenhawks Football & Cheerleading, Girl Scouts
Fees for summer programs are as follows:
Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it’s $45 for the first child, $35 for the second and $25 for the third (max. of $105 per family). Partial scholarships are available if needed. This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, its $4 a session for lap swim and $4 a class for aquacize or season passes will be available at $100.
Non-Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it’s $60 for the first child, $50 for the second and $40 for the third (max. of $150 per family). This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, its $5 a session for lap swim and $5 a class for aquacise or season passes will be available at $125
For more information – Contact the Westfield Recreation Dept. at 753-6842 (Andrew), or message us at www.facebook.com/welchfield .
There are three different ways that people can sign up their child for swim lessons and the field/drama program. Everyone receiving this mailing can sign up as early as 8:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, MAY 31ST. Those who are not on the mailing list can pick up registration forms at the village window in Eason Hall or from our website www.westfieldny.com/recreation starting MONDAY, JUNE 6TH. Registrations will not be accepted without full payment. Non-Westfield residents will be put on a waiting list and will be called if spots open up. Below is a list of the ways that you can turn in your registration forms and/or sign up without forms:
1.) Drop them off at the village window at Eason Hall (23 Elm St. Westfield). They are open from 8-4:30 Monday-Friday.
2.) Mail them to us at 23 Elm St. Westfield, NY 14787. You can address them to the Westfield Recreation Department.
3.) Come to our registration nights on Tuesday & Thursday June 7th and 9th from 6-8 p.m. inside the field house at Welch Field.
This will also be the best time to come and ask any questions that you have about any of our programs including the drama, field, and swim programs. Other community groups such as the Patterson Library, Girl Scouts and the Golden Hawks will also have tables at our registration nights. Please note that NO registration forms will be accepted without full payment.
Fees for summer programs are as follows:
Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it is $45 for the first child, $35 for the second, and $25 for the third (max. of $105 per family). This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, it is $4 a session for lap swim and $4 a class for aquacize or season passes will be available at $100.Partial scholarships are available if needed.
Non-Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it is $60 for the first child, $50 for the second, and $40 for the third (max. of $150 per family). This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, it is $5 a session for lap swim and $5 a class for aquacise or season passes will be available at $125.
*Please note that the cost of this program also includes all swim programs (lessons, open, swim team, etc.) as well as our drama program.
If you have any questions, feel free to call or text Andrew at 753-6842, or message us on Facebook.
This program is for children ENTERING grades 3rd through 8th. The program runs from late June through mid August (8 Week Program) and sign-ups are in early June.
Summer Field Programs
- Games/Sports: Inside the field house, we play various games such as billiards (pool), board games foursquare, fusbal and ping pong. Outside the field house, we play various games such as basketball, capture the flag, corn hole, flag football, kan jam, prisoner volleyball, soccer, spikeball, street hockey, ultimate frisbee, etc.
- Arts & Crafts: On Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10:00-11:30, we have arts & crafts on the patio. In the past, we have created many fun arts & crafts including: boondogle, painting blocks on the walls, tye dye shirts, Westfield rocks, etc.
- Tournaments: We organize many tournaments throughout the summer including: billiards (pool), corn hole, foursquare, kan jam, ping pong, spikeball, etc.
- Special Events: At Welch Field, we have some special events that have become traditions. These events include: the Bonfire, the Carnival, the Battle of Welch Field, Talent Show, Pizza & Pool Party, Sidewalk Chalk Exhibit, etc.
- In-Town Field Trips: Throughout the summer, we usually have 2 or 3 in-town field trips including the popular overnight camping trip at Ottaway Park. *Must be at least 10 years old to attend
- Out of Town Field Trips: We also go on various out of town trips. Many of them are to Erie, PA. Some trips include: Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Tinseltown Movie Theatre, Waldameer Amusement Park, etc.
We typically have 4 or 5 different employees (some full time, others part time) dedicated to working the field program. There not always all there at the same time, but we always have at least 2 employees working at all times and at least 4 employees working field trips and special events.
This is a program in which WACS students can gain community service hours.
2022 Summer Programs' Sign-Ups
June 7th & 9th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. inside the field house at Welch Field
2022 Summer Field Program Dates
Start Date: Monday, June 27th
End Date: Friday, August 19th