WELCH FIELD PROGRAMS CANCELLED THIS SUMMER
It is with great sadness that we are announcing the cancellation of our Welch Field programs for this summer. There are no words that can truly express how hard this decision is. We have done everything we can do to explore the safety and feasibility of having our programs this summer. We find it prudent to proceed with an abundance of caution. This, combined with the restrictive nature of the current health guidelines, make it too difficult to have programs this summer. Our heart especially breaks for the children who we will not get to see this summer at Welch Field. We encourage children and their families to stay active, get outside, and enjoy the summer together. Although it hurts right now not to have our programs, we will be back and better than before. In the meantime, we will be using this time to do some long overdue maintenance and construction that will make our facilities safer and nicer and preserve them for years to come. We will continue to monitor the ongoing public health situation and if possible, we may be able to have a few special events later this summer. Other facilities at Welch Field including the basketball courts, skate park, and playground will remain closed for the time being. We understand the frustration of this difficult time and we cannot wait for the days where we can get back to our programs and serve our wonderful community. Please have a safe and healthy summer, and we look forward to seeing you all down the road!
If you have any questions, feel free to call or text Andrew at 753-6842, or message us on Facebook.
This program is for children ages 5 and up and is co-ed. However, participants MUST BE at least 8 years old to attend by themselves. Participants who are 5 to 7 years old can come as long as they're accompanied by a parent/guardian or a babysitter at least 13 years old. The program runs from late June through mid August (8 Week Program) and sign-ups are in early June.
Westfield Residents: $35 for the first child, $30 for the second and $25 for the third. A maximum of $90 per family. Partial scholarship assistance available if needed.
Non-Westfield Residents: $50 for the first child, $45 for the second and $40 for the third. A maximum of $135 per family.
*Please note that the cost of this program also includes all swim programs (lessons, open, swim team, etc.) as well as our drama program.
Summer Field Programs
- Games/Sports: Inside the field house, we play various games such as billiards (pool), board games foursquare, fusbal and ping pong. Outside the field house, we play various games such as basketball, capture the flag, corn hole, flag football, kan jam, prisoner volleyball, soccer, spikeball, street hockey, ultimate frisbee, etc.
- Arts & Crafts: On Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10:00-11:30, we have arts & crafts on the patio. In the past, we have created many fun arts & crafts including: boondogle, painting blocks on the walls, tye dye shirts, Westfield rocks, etc.
- Tournaments: We organize many tournaments throughout the summer including: billiards (pool), corn hole, foursquare, kan jam, ping pong, spikeball, etc.
- Special Events: At Welch Field, we have some special events that have become traditions. These events include: the Bonfire, the Carnival, the Swim Meet and the Youth Triathlon.
- In-Town Field Trips: Throughout the summer, we usually have 2 or 3 in-town field trips including the popular overnight camping trip at Ottaway Park. *Must be at least 10 years old to attend
- Out of Town Field Trips: We also go on various out of town trips. Many of them are to Erie, PA. Some trips include: Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Tinseltown Movie Theatre, Waldameer Amusement Park, etc.
This program is supervised, but it's not a sign-in program. Participants come and go as they please, so we stress that parents make it very clear to their children what their expectations are for them (in terms of when they should be a the program and who they should be with).
We typically have 4 or 5 different employees (some full time, others part time) dedicated to working the field program. There not always all there at the same time, but we always have at least 2 employees working at all times.
This is a program in which WACS students can gain community service hours.
2021 Summer Programs' Sign-Ups
June 8th & 10th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. inside the field house at Welch Field
2021 Summer Field Program Dates
Start Date: Monday, June 28th
End Date: Friday, August 20th