This program is for children ages 5 and up and is co-ed. However, participants MUST BE at least 8 years old to attend by themselves. Participants who are 5 to 7 years old can come as long as they're accompanied by a parent/guardian or a babysitter at least 13 years old. The program runs from late June through mid August (8 Week Program) and sign-ups are in early June.
Westfield Residents: $35 for the first child, $30 for the second and $25 for the third. A maximum of $90 per family. Partial scholarship assistance available if needed.
Non-Westfield Residents: $50 for the first child, $45 for the second and $40 for the third. A maximum of $135 per family.
*Please note that the cost of this program also includes all swim programs (lessons, open, swim team, etc.) as well as our drama program.
Summer Field Programs
- Games/Sports: Inside the field house, we play various games such as billiards (pool), board games foursquare, fusbal and ping pong. Outside the field house, we play various games such as basketball, capture the flag, corn hole, flag football, kan jam, prisoner volleyball, soccer, spikeball, street hockey, ultimate frisbee, etc.
- Arts & Crafts: On Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10:00-11:30, we have arts & crafts on the patio. In the past, we have created many fun arts & crafts including: boondogle, painting blocks on the walls, tye dye shirts, Westfield rocks, etc.
- Tournaments: We organize many tournaments throughout the summer including: billiards (pool), corn hole, foursquare, kan jam, ping pong, spikeball, etc.
- Special Events: At Welch Field, we have some special events that have become traditions. These events include: the Bonfire, the Carnival, the Swim Meet and the Youth Triathlon.
- In-Town Field Trips: Throughout the summer, we usually have 2 or 3 in-town field trips including the popular overnight camping trip at Ottaway Park. *Must be at least 10 years old to attend
- Out of Town Field Trips: We also go on various out of town trips. Many of them are to Erie, PA. Some trips include: Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Tinseltown Movie Theatre, Waldameer Amusement Park, etc.
This program is supervised, but it's not a sign-in program. Participants come and go as they please, so we stress that parents make it very clear to their children what their expectations are for them (in terms of when they should be a the program and who they should be with).
We typically have 4 or 5 different employees (some full time, others part time) dedicated to working the field program. There not always all there at the same time, but we always have at least 2 employees working at all times.
This is a program in which WACS students can gain community service hours.
2019 Summer Programs' Sign-Ups
Tuesday, June 4th and Thursday, June 6th
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. inside the field house at Welch Field
2019 Summer Field Program Dates
Start Date: Monday, July 1st
End Date: Friday, August 23rd