SOME GENERAL NOTES ABOUT REGISTRATION
● Registration for all Welch Field programs will be open to Westfield Residents only at first. Non-Westfield residents can register (without payment) to be put on a waiting list should openings arise. (Except for aquacize, lap swim and open swim)
● All program registrations will be fulfilled in the order they are submitted.
● All children and adults over age 2 will be required to wear a face covering while in the field house, on the field house patio, waiting in line for the pool, or sitting on the sidelines at the pool.
● Patrons using any Welch Field swim or field program must be registered and paid in full before, as well as sign (or have their parent/guardian sign if under 18) a waiver before attending the program.
FIELD & DRAMA PROGRAM INFORMATION
*Everyone who is a Westfield resident who had a child who participated in the field/drama programs in 2019 and has a child ENTERING grades 3rd-8th, will be receiving a mailing from us sometime the next few days. This summer, we are limiting the field program registration to 100 participants (25 for drama). We are also limiting registration to children who are entering grades 3rd-8th. Once again, we will only be signing up Westfield residents at first. Non-Westfield residents will be put on a waiting list. In addition, all 2nd and 3rd grades' students at WACS will be receiving the same mailing (since they were too young to participate in 2019). All returning participants as well as current 2nd and 3rd grades' students can sign up for the field/drama programs starting at 8:00 a.m. on MONDAY, JUNE 7TH. We are encouraging everyone to sign up ASAP as we have limited spots this summer. Information on how to sign up is below.
We will be limiting the field program to 100 participants this summer, so we encourage everyone to SIGN UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (more info below). Registration will be limited to participants who are ENTERING grades 3-8 this fall. We will be separating our participants into groups of 25. We will have two groups come in the morning each day (Monday-Friday) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and two groups come in the afternoon each day (Monday-Friday) from 1 to 5 p.m. Participants will only be allowed to come to the program during the time their group is scheduled. The same groups will stay together all summer unless attendance becomes low or state guidelines loosen up.
In addition, the playground will be CLOSED to all kids under 13 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless they have adult supervision. We will give our participants a chance each day to play on the playground while under the supervision of our staff. For afternoon participants, they will still be able to participate in open swim at the pool if they desire. We will be limiting registration for the drama program to 25 Westfield residents ENTERING grades 3-8 in the fall.
There are three different ways that people can sign up their child for swim lessons and the field/drama program. Everyone receiving this mailing can sign up as early as 8:00 a.m. on MONDAY, JUNE 7TH. Those who are not on the mailing list can pick up registration forms at the village window in Eason Hall or from our website www.westfieldny.com/recreation starting MONDAY, JUNE 14TH. Registrations will not be accepted without full payment (except for non-residents on the waiting list). Non-Westfield residents will be put on a waiting list and will be called if spots open up. Below is a list of the ways that you can turn in your registration forms and/or sign up without forms:
1.) Drop them off at the village window at Eason Hall (23 Elm St. Westfield). They are open from 8-4:30 Monday-Friday.
2.) Mail them to us at 23 Elm St. Westfield, NY 14787. You can address them to the Westfield Recreation Department.
3.) Come to our registration nights on Tuesday & Thursday June 15th and 17th from 6-8 p.m. inside the field house at Welch Field. Once again though, we are encouraging everyone to SIGN UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE since we have limited spots in the various programs.
This will also be the best time to come and ask any questions that you have about any of our programs including the drama, field, and swim programs. Other community groups such as the Patterson Library, YWCA, and the Golden Hawks will also have tables at our registration nights. Please note that NO registration forms will be accepted without full payment.
Fees for summer programs are as follows:
Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it is $45 for the first child, $35 for the second, and $25 for the third (max. of $105 per family). This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, it is $4 a session for lap swim and $4 a class for aquacize or season passes will be available at $100.Partial scholarships are available if needed.
Non-Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it is $60 for the first child, $50 for the second, and $40 for the third (max. of $150 per family). This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, it is $5 a session for lap swim and $5 a class for aquacise or season passes will be available at $125.
*Please note that the cost of this program also includes all swim programs (lessons, open, swim team, etc.) as well as our drama program.
If you have any questions, feel free to call or text Andrew at 753-6842, or message us on Facebook.
This program is for children ENTERING grades 3rd through 8th. The program runs from late June through mid August (8 Week Program) and sign-ups are in early June.
Summer Field Programs
- Games/Sports: Inside the field house, we play various games such as billiards (pool), board games foursquare, fusbal and ping pong. Outside the field house, we play various games such as basketball, capture the flag, corn hole, flag football, kan jam, prisoner volleyball, soccer, spikeball, street hockey, ultimate frisbee, etc.
- Arts & Crafts: On Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10:00-11:30, we have arts & crafts on the patio. In the past, we have created many fun arts & crafts including: boondogle, painting blocks on the walls, tye dye shirts, Westfield rocks, etc.
- Tournaments: We organize many tournaments throughout the summer including: billiards (pool), corn hole, foursquare, kan jam, ping pong, spikeball, etc.
- Special Events: At Welch Field, we have some special events that have become traditions. These events include: the Bonfire, the Carnival, the Swim Meet and the Youth Triathlon.
- In-Town Field Trips: Throughout the summer, we usually have 2 or 3 in-town field trips including the popular overnight camping trip at Ottaway Park. *Must be at least 10 years old to attend
- Out of Town Field Trips: We also go on various out of town trips. Many of them are to Erie, PA. Some trips include: Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Tinseltown Movie Theatre, Waldameer Amusement Park, etc.
We typically have 4 or 5 different employees (some full time, others part time) dedicated to working the field program. There not always all there at the same time, but we always have at least 2 employees working at all times.
This is a program in which WACS students can gain community service hours.
2021 Summer Programs' Sign-Ups
June 15th & 17th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. inside the field house at Welch Field
2021 Summer Field Program Dates
Start Date: Monday, June 28th
End Date: Friday, August 20th