This program is for students in pre-kindergarten through 6th grade and is co-ed. The season runs from late-August through October and sign-ups are in early to mid August.
*2020 FALL SOCCER REGISTRATION FORM
- The danger of exposure to the coronavirus that COVID-19 causes exists.
- By signing your child up for youth fall soccer, you take responsibility for your and your child’s own protection and for disinfecting/washing your and your child’s hands prior to coming to the soccer field as well as when you leave the field.
- Do not come (or have your child come) to a practice or game if you or they have a cough, fever, or other symptoms of illness
- Maintain at least 6 feet between you and other people who are not a part of your household and/or family unit. *This does not apply to children who are playing soccer in practices and/or games.
- Wear a face covering (and have your child wear one as well) when coming to and leaving the field, as well as if you need to use the restrooms.
- Follow all other instructions and on-site signage relating to COVID-19 and the Westfield Rec. Dept. youth fall soccer program.
*Please know the following notes are subject to change due to ongoing changes in the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- Each player is permitted to have 2 spectators at each game and/or practice. The fields (for games) will have marked spots for spectators to sit that are 6 feet apart from other household/family units.
- Coaches and officials will wear face coverings while addressing players or other individuals within 6 feet.
- All coaches, officials, players, and spectators will wear face coverings to and from the field, as well as when using the restrooms (only 1 adult or 1 adult and their child in each restroom at one time).
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up at each field, and hot water and soap will be available in the restrooms while at Northlake.
- All players are encouraged to bring their own water bottle, as there will be NO team water station or sharing of water bottles.
- Benches and balls will be disinfected after each game and pinnies will be washed after each game and practice (each goalkeeper will wear a different pinny on game days). Players must sit at least 6 feet apart from each other on the benches.
- There will only be 1 game at a time with plenty of time in between games for people to leave the field. Everyone is asked to leave the field as promptly as possible after games and practices. When possible, we will only have 1 practice at a time. If not possible, we will spread practices out at various places of the facility.
- We will always have our safety plan on site, while having games and practices.
- Parents/guardians will need to screen their child’s health (as well as their own) before bringing them to practices and games. If the parent/guardian or child has a cough, fever, or other symptoms of illness, the child should not participate on that day and should refrain from coming to the field.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to not bring their other children to a game or practice when possible. Remember that each player is only permitted 2 spectators for each game or practice.
- Teams will be picked, and all players will be notified by September 7th. Practices will start on September 7th and first games will be on Saturday, September 19th. You should receive a phone call from your child’s coach by September 7th at the very latest. If you have not heard by then, please call Andrew at 753-6842.
- Most games will be played on Saturday mornings/afternoons and occasional evenings in Westfield at either Northlake Family Recreation Center or Smith Field. There will be some occasional weeknight games.
- The 1st through 6th graders will have 1 practice a week and the Pre-K/Kindergarten group will have little to no practice.
- The season will run September through October.
- Players must be in pre-kindergarten through 6th grade to play. (Grade groups: Pre-K/Kind., 1st-3rd grades and 4th-6th grades Please note that some players may be moved up in grade groups at the discretion of the Recreation Director.
- The fee is $35 for the first child, $30 for the second, $25 for the third for Westfield residents (Max. $90 per family) Partial scholarships are available. The fee is $50 for the first child, $45 for the second, and $40 for the third for non-Westfield residents. (Max. $135 per family) Checks may be made out to the Village of Westfield.
- Shin guards covered by socks are required and cleats (NO FRONT SPIKE), and mouth guards are recommended.
- Each player will be called by a coach and will receive a team t-shirt. Those signing up late are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
Special Notes to Parents:
- Please do not drop off your child for a practice or game until you see that one of their coaches are there.
- Please sit on the opposite side of the field where the benches are for games. The benches are for coaches and players only.
- Parents are responsible for having their children early to the games and are responsible for them when at the field, before and after the game. They’re also responsible at all times for their children that are not playing at any particular time.
- Please remember that our coaches and officials are volunteers in most cases and are doing their best to help the children to learn the game and to have a fun time doing it. Please support them to the best of your ability and remember that this program is about the children.
- Remember, our objective is to provide a league where all participants can develop their skills and have fun doing so. This is a developmental league; it’s not about winning and losing.
- We use opportunities to teach when they arise and, above all, always encourage sportsmanship by everyone .
- Anyone that wants a full list of league rules may request one by contacting the league officials at the number below. For information call Andrew at 753-6842 or check our website www.westfieldny.com/recreation or like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/Westfield/Rec/Dept.
This is a program in which WACS students can gain community service hours.