SOME GENERAL NOTES ABOUT REGISTRATION
● Registration for all Welch Field programs will be open to Westfield Residents only at first. Non-Westfield residents can register (without payment) to be put on a waiting list should openings arise. (Except for aquacize, lap swim and open swim)
● All program registrations will be fulfilled in the order they are submitted.
● All children and adults over age 2 will be required to wear a face covering while in the field house, on the field house patio, waiting in line for the pool, or sitting on the sidelines at the pool.
● Patrons using any Welch Field swim or field program must be registered and paid in full before, as well as sign (or have their parent/guardian sign if under 18) a waiver before attending the program.
WEE WOOZLES INFORMATION
*Those who participated in Wee Woozles in 2019 and are Westfield residents with kids who are still age-eligible (6 months-4 years old) will be receiving a mailing from us sometime the next few days. All returning participants can sign up starting at 8:00 a.m. on MONDAY, JUNE 7TH.
We are limiting the size of each class to 20 people (10 kids & 10 adults). We will have separate Tuesday & Thursday evening classes. If possible, we may have a Saturday late-morning class. Classes are from 6:15-6:45 p.m. on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and are TBD for potential Saturday morning classes. Classes will start on Tuesday, June 29th and will run for 9 weeks, finishing the week of August 23rd. Please indicate your availability for each class below and CIRCLE WHAT YOUR FIRST CHOICE WOULD BE. We will try to get everyone their first-choice class day, but registration will be first come, first serve, and we will be filling classes as registration forms come in.
Registration will be limited to WESTFIELD RESIDENTS only at first. Non-Westfield residents will be put on a waiting list and will be added to classes if there is room. Participants will ONLY be able to come to the class they are registered to (example: If you are registered as part of the Tuesday evening class, then you can NOT come to the Thursday evening class). We do not like that it has to be this way, but this is what we must do to be open this summer.
There are three different ways that people can sign up their child for swim lessons and the field/drama program. Everyone receiving this mailing can sign up as early as 8:00 a.m. on MONDAY, JUNE 7TH. Those who are not on the mailing list can pick up registration forms at the village window in Eason Hall or from our website www.westfieldny.com/recreation starting MONDAY, JUNE 14TH. Registrations will not be accepted without full payment (except for non-residents on the waiting list). Non-Westfield residents will be put on a waiting list and will be called if spots open up. Below is a list of the ways that you can turn in your registration forms and/or sign up without forms:
1.) Drop them off at the village window at Eason Hall (23 Elm St. Westfield). They are open from 8-4:30 Monday-Friday.
2.) Mail them to us at 23 Elm St. Westfield, NY 14787. You can address them to the Westfield Recreation Department.
3.) Come to our registration nights on Tuesday & Thursday June 15th and 17th from 6-8 p.m. inside the field house at Welch Field. Once again though, we are encouraging everyone to SIGN UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE since we have limited spots in the various programs.
This will also be the best time to come and ask any questions that you have about any of our programs including the drama, field, and swim programs. Other community groups such as the Patterson Library, YWCA, and the Golden Hawks will also have tables at our registration nights. Please note that NO registration forms will be accepted without full payment.
Fees for summer programs are as follows:
Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it is $45 for the first child, $35 for the second, and $25 for the third (max. of $105 per family). This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, it is $4 a session for lap swim and $4 a class for aquacize or season passes will be available at $100.Partial scholarships are available if needed.
Non-Westfield Residents: For youth programs, it is $60 for the first child, $50 for the second, and $40 for the third (max. of $150 per family). This fee includes the swim and field programs, as well as summer drama. For adult programs, it is $5 a session for lap swim and $5 a class for aquacise or season passes will be available at $125.
* Please note that the cost of this program also includes our other swim programs, field program as well as our drama program.
If you have any questions, feel free to call or text Andrew at 753-6842, or message us on Facebook.
This program is for infants/toddlers 6 months to 4 years old. The program runs from late June through August and sign-ups are in early June.
Wee Woozles is our early water acclimation program. Participants will learn basic swim lesson principles and safety techniques as well as engage in various activities/ games.
We typically have 2 or 3 lifeguards working wee woozles. One guard leads the class and the other(s) remains on deck.
2021 Swim Program Dates
- Session 1: Monday, June 14th through Saturday, June 26th
- Session 2: Monday, June 28th through Saturday, August 21st
- Session 3: Monday, August 23rd through Friday, August 27th
Wee Woozles Times
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:15-6:45 p.m.
- Mondays-Thursdays: 6:15-6:45 p.m.