Please call Recreation Director Andrew Webster at 753-6842 with any questions or to find out how to apply. This is a part-time, all-year round job with flexible hours.
Towns & Villages
Part-time or Seasonal)
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
This position will involve the instruction and facilitation of various programs and activities of a community recreation programs. Work is performed under the direction of a higher ranking supervisor with some leeway for the exercise of independent judgment in carrying out the details of the recreation activities. Supervision may be exercised over recreational staff. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provides instruction and facilitation of various programs and activities of a community recreation
- Assists with the coordination, administration and scheduling of sponsored programs events and
- specialized meetings;
- Assists with maintenance of all recreation equipment, grounds and facilities;
- Requisition and distributes needed supplies and equipment;
- Maintains discipline and assures the safety of participants;
- Prepares a variety of reports and records;
- Prepares and recommends publicity for special events;
- May represent the recreation program at meetings, community organizations, municipalities, etc.;
- May participate in the selection, training and supervision of recreational personnel, including lifeguards;
- May assign work and review work done by recreation staff.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Good knowledge of the methods, terminology, equipment and techniques of modern playground and recreation activities; familiarity with modern recreation theory; ability to stimulate interest in recreation activities; the ability to talk before groups of people in an interesting and informative manner; ability to make sound judgments; resourcefulness; initiative; good physical condition with the demands of the position.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency and 1 year of full time experience in recreation activities.
Possession, at time of appointment and during service in this classification, of a valid New York State Motor Vehicle Operator's license appropriate for the type of vehicles which the employee may operate.